Thursday, January 7, 2010

Slowing down - a way of speading up


I have the best aunts and uncles! My mother have two sisters and my father have two brothers. Since we all live in different parts of the world (Usually one of my aunts live really close but she decided to take a year of and sail around the world - again!) we don´t see each other as much as I would like. But I would still say we are really close!

About ten years ago I took a month of and went to California to visit my family. It had been a period of working to much and I was a bit tiered and worn out. During a walk my uncle Jeff told me these very true words: "Sometimes slowing down is a way of speading up"

At the time I did not think very much of it. But since then I have many times realized how true those words are. Like now. I was working and producing so much during December and decided to take January off. Spend more time just doing nothing. Let my mind have a rest. And the funny thing is, when you slow down so many things just comes your way. Maybe it is because you are open to it when you relax and take time to listen to your needs, feelings ... and other people.

I have said it before. But I have to say it again. This will be the best year ever. Allready I have gotten two offers to show my paintings in Gothenburg and Stockholm. Jiipiiieee!

No comments: